Waste Time Efficiently

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Enlightenment: The Ultimate Sport

What is a sport? Sporticians have asked themselves this question for decades.

Some drew the line at field hockey, others have gone as far as apple bobbing.

The fact is most things in life can be called a game. From picking up the opposite sex (or 'scoring') to making the most money out of all your friends (or 'winning').

But there is no winning the game of trying to figure out what is a game.
There is no lines, no out of bounds. Just one big grey area of maybe-ness.

So my question is this: is self-realization a sport? And if so, can I win it?

Ever since I was a kid I always wanted to be a Jedi. When I found out that eastern religion through Joseph Campbell inspired George Lucas, I then wanted to be a Samurai. I gave that up when I found out it would take a lot of work. Then I found out about non-dual philosophy. Which is great because it cuts all the work out of the whole self-realization thing. Abiding in infinite awareness is the ULTIMATE VICTORY in the ULTIMATE GAME: enlightenment.

Yes. I've heard about that shit! Just because I'm an wealthy jock son of a banker part time stockbroker. Doesn't mean that I can't read a little bit of "siddartha" in college and think: Yeah, I guess I'll have to do that someday.

Well fortunately for me and all of my internet friends out there. I've found the video that will get you enlightened INSTANTLY.

Ive watched it. I get it. I win and I am the same as you Buddha! Eat it Herman Hesse!

I have posted it here.

Turns out I had it figured out all along. I don't know anything! I tottatlly already knew that.

Well Friends, the Sporting Gentleman is a changed Gentleman. He know longer wishes to challenge anyone to a fight in anything, anytime, anyplace. He (me) no longer wishes to see the enemy of my enemy dead by the hand of my other enemies. I don't even know if I'll ever compete in competition, ever again.

Why should I when I've already won and lost every game that has ever been played or not played? This non-dual stuff is great!

So enjoy this video. (Stick around for the end.)

No comments: